69.3 F
Los Gatos

Translate

July 26, 2024

How the Palms swayed its way through the pandemic

fish dish
While Tuesday is frequently a day off for restaurant industry workers, April 5 was actually quite a hectic one for Tony Loeffler, general manager of the Palms restaurant. The day’s schedule included deep cleaning in the kitchen, and manifesting an Easter buffet brunch—among myriad other...

More than 30 churches and other organizations participate in Interfaith Passover

Interfaith seder
Nearly 200 people gathered at Jewish Silicon Valley's Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center, Sunday evening, for an interfaith service. The Interfaith Unity Passover Seder was sponsored by the Interfaith Clergy Association of Los Gatos. The event—which commemorates the biblical story where the Angel of Death “passes over”...

Support senior housing in Los Gatos

On April 5, the Los Gatos Town Council will consider whether to approve the Los Gatos Meadows rebuild, which would bring 174 units of senior housing online. As a 24-year Town resident who lives near the site, I believe that the project is essential...

Los Gatos’ country station selling to K-LOVE owner for $3M

filling out contest entries
It traces its roots to North Santa Cruz Avenue. Its second studio was on Royce Street. And even after moving its air room to San Jose, Los Gatos has remained 95.3 KRTY’s home, as far as the Federal Communications Commission is concerned. The independently-owned station...

Local Scene: Local dancers to perform; property tax exemption available

spring dance festival
Local dancers to perform in San Jose More than 60 dance organizations from across the Greater Bay Area will gather April 23-24 at Eastridge Center Mall, 2200 Eastridge Loop in San Jose, for the Spring Dance Festival. Dance companies, from young children to professional companies and...

Guest View: Town should explore other ways to boost revenue

Jeffrey Blum
It strikes me that the major reason for allowing cannabis dispensaries in Los Gatos would be to generate more revenue. Assuming for argument’s sake that this is correct, there are options for generating revenue other than from allowing cannabis dispensaries in town. I often...

Whatever happened to Mr. Los Gatos?

harry cohen mr los gatos
“He won’t go away until you come out and see him,” our exasperated office manager, Marilyn Fitch, who’d been trying to protect me from the unscheduled visitor to our Royce Street office, came back and informed me.  “Who?” I asked. “Harry Cohen.” I was always happy to...

Local Scene: Poetry contest, Youth Commission seeking applicants

Town Council
Poetry contest now open Poets of all ages are encouraged to enter the Los Gatos Poetry Contest hosted by Los Gatos Poet Laureate Jen Siraganian.  Individuals who live, work or attend school in Los Gatos are eligible to submit one entry. First, second and third place...

Tales of the Town: Sheriffs, Guns & Money

Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith
As a young journalist, I was once invited to a meeting with Sheriff Bob Winter at a Los Gatos insurance office. At one point, one of the attendees asked the folksy sheriff if there was anything he could do to help. I remember Winter...

Los Gatos Little League, town celebrate a glorious Opening Day

One could feel the excitement as families and players started to filter into Baggerly Field on March 12 to celebrate Los Gatos Little League’s first Opening Day since 2019. The ceremony was canceled in March 2020 due to the pandemic as well as in...

SOCIAL MEDIA

549FansLike
1,084FollowersFollow
486FollowersFollow