69.3 F
Los Gatos

Translate

July 26, 2024

Finding peace at Freedom Reigns Equine Sanctuary

Along a Highway 101 frontage road near San Juan Bautista there’s a discrete wrought iron sign proclaiming, “FREEDOM REIGNS.'' You may have driven by many times and never noticed it, or the keypad located just below to the left. We slowed down to enter...

Campbell author’s sophomore novel in demand at Silicon Valley’s libraries

author with book
When Amanda Brown, author of "Legally Blonde," describes your book as “charming, compelling, and unapologetically fun,” and Balli Kaur Jaswal, author of Reese Witherspoon book club selection “Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows,” calls it “a page-turner that brims with humour, snappy dialogue, and sharp...

New LGHS admin was a principal in Shenzhen; students excel in post-secondary; FCC restoring net neutrality

Michael Lozano
Los Gatos Names Assistant Principal The Los Gatos-Saratoga Union High School District announced Thursday the appointment of Michael Lozano as the new Assistant Principal of Los Gatos High School. His first day is July 1. Michael served as assistant principal of Leland High School, principal of...

What does Earth Day mean to you?

On almost the most beautiful spring day, so far, Los Gatos celebrated Spring into Green at Park Plaza this past Sunday. In addition to the smiles and sharing of information about what we can do to save our planet from further degradation by the human...

Lights! Camera! Community!

Interior of the Los Gatos Theater (main area)
Attention, movie buffs, social butterflies and champions of connection! Clear your calendars for May 6, beginning at 10 am, because the Los Gatos Foundation for Older Adults to Thrive is throwing a blockbuster event at the historic Cinelux Los Gatos Theatre. The Los Gatos Foundation...

Discover LOST Gatos: The Los Gatos Hotel and Soda Works story

Los Gatos Hotel black and white photograph
It seems that hardly a month goes by without the launch of a new restaurant in our historic downtown. The latest addition to the dining scene is Dar Restaurant and Bar, located in the little house that formerly housed 11 College Avenue and Nick’s...

A Great Race for a great cause

runners
The 46th Annual Los Gatos Rotary Great Race was held Sunday at Vasona Lake County Park, with the start and finish line both located at the Gateway Pavilion. This year's chairman was Paul Christensen’s third year as chair of the event. “Actually, I took over for...

DJ Yuka Yu hosting workshop at Los Gatos Library

Growing up in Taipei, Taiwan, Ssu Ting “Yuka” Yu’s dream was to become a choir conductor. “My mom was a singer when she was young,” she said, crediting her dad for inspiring her to pursue what had clearly become a personal passion. “I always loved...

Paulistan Provenance

Tales of the town cover
During a trip to São Paulo last year, my wife and I had the chance to dine at D.O.M., chef Alex Atala’s Michelin two-star restaurant. In 2012 it was ranked fourth by Restaurant magazine for its World's 50 Best Restaurants ranking. David Kinch’s Manresa also...

Elementary student Bradley Hall raises $500 for library in contest with ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ author

check presentation
Mayor Mary Badame and Los Gatos Library Director Ryan Baker joined other local officials to thank fifth-grade Blossom Hill Elementary student Bradley Hall for raising hundreds of dollars for the library, Monday. He attended a traveling trivia game show, in Santa Cruz, called "The No Brainer...

SOCIAL MEDIA

549FansLike
1,084FollowersFollow
486FollowersFollow