50.1 F
Los Gatos

Translate

April 19, 2024
music in the park san jose

DJs launch new music series at Charley’s LG

neumonic late night sessions DJ
It was midday on Tuesday and Santa Cruz resident Jordan Lipaz, 27, the co-founder of Lit n’ Loud Productions, was once again scrutinizing the logo to be printed on unique merchandise for an upcoming show he’s organizing in Los Gatos. Lipaz—aka Lapositive—had been going back-and-forth...

Local Scene: Senator visits College of Adaptive Arts; yoga center marks anniversary

dave cortese college of adaptive arts
Cortese tours College of Adaptive Arts On Dec. 2, Senator Dave Cortese, representing Senate District 15, and his wife Pattie took part in a tour of the College of Adaptive Arts campus. College of Adaptive Arts, a 501 c3 non-profit organization, provides a lifelong collegiate experience...

‘Tis the season for scams

Jeffrey Blum
I started my holiday season by getting hacked. The hacking was a product of my foolishness rather than a case of my supposed diminishing faculties due to my age (71 1/2) getting the better of me. Something was fishy (no pun intended) in the...

Holiday Sing Under the Tree features caroling during last night of carriage rides

Carriage ride
For more events, visit losgatan.com/events-calendar ‘Nutcracker’ Los Gatos Ballet will bring its performance of “Nutcracker” on Dec. 20-22 at 7pm at McAfee Performing Arts Center, 20300 Herriman Ave. in Saratoga. For information and tickets, visit losgatosballet.org/nutcracker. Holiday Sing Under the Tree The Los Gatos Chamber of Commerce will...

Town seats new mayor, vice mayor and Council member

Vice Mayor Mary Badame
Vice Mayor Maria Ristow became mayor, and Councilmember Mary Badame vice mayor, during the Dec. 13 Council meeting, while Rob Moore was sworn in for the first time and Rob Rennie started his next term. The evening also marked an end to Marico Sayoc’s tenure...

DISCOVER LOST GATOS: The Historic Hofstra Block

Hofstra block
The iconic La Cañada building on the corner of West Main Street and North Santa Cruz Avenue, with its circular bay window and signature “witches hat” turret, has been a prominent feature of our historic downtown business district almost since the day it was...

Town shares holiday hours; renter input sought for housing plan; LG gets first-aid training center (local scene)

CPR chest compressions
LOCAL SCENE for the week of Dec. 14-20, 2022. Town offices closing for holidays Town of Los Gatos administrative offices will be closed Dec. 23-Jan. 2.  The library will also be closed Dec. 23-26 and Dec. 30-Jan. 2. Renter input sought for Housing Element update The Town of Los...

Town creating calendar recognizing Native American Heritage Month

Native American issue in Los Gatos composite
During its regularly scheduled meeting, Dec. 6, Mayor Rob Rennie asked Town Manager Laurel Prevetti for an update on the process to officially acknowledge Los Gatos’ earliest residents. But her response—while delighting some First Nations advocates—left one group in particular feeling a little left out. “We...

Food donations increase after implementation of new law

Sacramento
A new state law allowed Santa Clara County businesses to donate almost 5 million pounds of food during the first half of 2022, according to a press release from the county.  SB 1383 took effect this year. It requires grocery stores and other businesses to...

Los Gatos Ballet to perform ‘Nutcracker’ at McAfee Performing Arts Center in Saratoga; Fantasy of Lights continues (Calendar)

Los Gatos Ballet
CALENDAR for the week of Dec. 14-20. ‘Nutcracker’ Los Gatos Ballet will bring its performance of “Nutcracker” on Dec. 20-22 at 7pm at McAfee Performing Arts Center, 20300 Herriman Ave. in Saratoga. For information and tickets, visit losgatosballet.org/nutcracker. Fantasy of Lights  Fantasy of Lights Drive-thru tickets are on...

SOCIAL MEDIA

484FansLike
1,037FollowersFollow
486FollowersFollow